Friday, January 21, 2011

PROJECT!!

Ok guys and gals! Here are 2 of my most recent projects, that were suuuuuuppper easy!

Project #1: Spring-ish Wreath
it wasn't intended to be "spring-ish", but i liked the colors. I probably won't hang it up for a few more months...



All you need is hot glue, styrofoam wreath, yarn, and paper flowers (i got mine from Michael's)






Hot glue one end of the yarn to the wreath and begin to tightly wrap it around.
I sawed mine in half to make it easier and faster, with a kitchen knife none the less! LOL!

Once you are done, hot glue the other end of the yarn to the back side of the wreath.


Hot glue the flowers on in what ever pattern you choose, and VIOLA!
Also, you can wrap the yarn around as many times as you like to cover missed spots and get it how ever thick you may like it


Here is the finished product!






Project #2: Cake/Cupcake Stand
You will need: plate, candle holder, epoxy, and paint is optional
I got the china plate, and ugly painted vase at 2 different junk stores



Paint the vase whatever color you choose, and let dry.



Place the candle holder in the middle of the plate and glue with a strong epoxy, let dry, and you're done!
Let dry upside down, and place a book on the bottom of the candle holder for pressure.





Hope you all have enjoyed! I will post better pictures of my sweet little cakestand later once I make something yummy to put on it! ;)


With love,
-K.

5 comments:

  1. Kinsey, I like both of these projects. Did you make this up or get the idea somewhere? You did a GREAT job, kiddo!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen the cake stand done lots of times before. I already knew how to make the yarn wreath... I just saw the paper flowers and thought they would be cute on it. THANKS!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is Nana's old China?! Is that right? Have you tried making one of these with a dainty little coffee cup as well. Those are cute too!

    This is Rhonda by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that little wreath too. I may have to try a spin off of that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rhonda- No it's not Nana's old china, but it looks almost exactly like it! I saw it at an antique store and thought it was the same until mom told me it wasn't! Send me the link to your blog.... I can't find you!

    ReplyDelete